Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Funny Ebay Listing

Hat tip to my beautiful wife for sending me this this funny Ebay listing. A lady with six kids accidentally purchases a deck of Pokemon cards at the store that her kids put in the cart. So she posts it on Ebay, but not without a long piece of comedy writing in the Erma Bombeck tradition. Excerpt:

So, up for auction is an opened (they ripped open the box on the way home from the store) package of Pokemon cards. There are 44 cards total. They're in perfect condition, as I took them away from the kiddos as soon as we got home from the store. Many of them say "Energy". I tried carrying them around with me, but they didn't work. I definitely didn't have any more energy than usual. One of them is shiny. There are a few creature-like things on many of them. One is called Pupitar. Hee hee hee Pupitar! (Oh no! My kids' sense of humor is rubbing off on me!) Anyway, I don't there's anything special about any of these cards, but I'm very much not an authority on Pokemon cards. I just know that I'm not letting my kids keep these as a reward for their sneakiness.


Well, she definitely got her money back and then some. $142.51 is definitely overpriced for 44 Pokemon cards (I'm pretty sure). She had 865 watchers and around 180,000 hits on the auction page.

1 comment:

  1. That really was very clever of her. I got tipped off to that auction on my confessional-Lutheran-homeschooling-moms email list.

    ReplyDelete