Sunday, September 2, 2007

Invisible Builders

This link was sent to me by beautiful wife who finds lots of great stuff in the blogosphere. She hardly ever makes comments which means she'll be praying my ass out of purgatory. Excerpt:

It all began to make sense, the blank stares, the lack of response, the way one of the kids will walk into the room while I'm on the phone and ask to be taken to the store. Inside I'm thinking, "Can't you see I'm on the phone?"

Obviously not. No one can see if I'm on the phone, or cooking, or sweeping the floor, or even standing on my head in the corner, because no one can see me at all. I'm invisible.

Some days I am only a pair of hands, nothing more: Can you fix this? Can you tie this? Can you open this? Some days I'm not a pair of hands; I'm not even a human being. I'm a clock to ask, "What time is it?" I'm a satellite guide to answer, "What number is the Disney Channel?" I'm a car to order, "Pick me up right around 5:30, please."

Read the rest, it's good.

1 comment:

  1. that would explain why on some days i feel like quasimodo

    ReplyDelete