Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...



This came to mind, for obvious reasons:

Thus you shall have the glory of the illumination of all the world, and all obscurity will fly far from you.

This is the power of all strength--it overcomes every subtle thing and penetrates every solid substance.

This was the means of the creation of the world.

In the future wonderful adaptations will be achieved, and this is the way.

I am Hermes the Threefold Sage, so named because I hold the three elements of all wisdom. And thus ends the revelation of the work of the Sun.

(from the Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus)

RIP, Mr. D.

1 comment:

  1. I blame myself for my kids not knowing who he was when I broke the news to them this morning.

    Of course, saying you don't know Diddley is like saying you don't know Raymond Scott.

    ReplyDelete