Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Nativity by Joe

Joe is four, he'll be 5 in April '09. He said "I drew this about what we read last night." We had read the Nativity story from Matthew. (Click picture for a large size print scan.)


You can pretty much identify Jesus and his Blessed mother, but here's a detail of them.


The figure at the bottom of that detail is a sheep. Joe pointed out that the other four or so sheep were "going up to walk on the star". They look very happy to me. But my favorite animal in the photo is definitely the donkey.


Last but not least, one of the wise men does show up with gifts and two shepherds. They're along the bottom of the drawing, the two shepherd right under Baby Jesus. Here's the detail: Sheep, Shepherd, Shepherd, Gifts, Wise-man.


Happy New Year to all my readers.

2 comments:

  1. Are you laughing at my kid's religious art?

    Good to see you again, Diane, in your non-transgendered form.

    ReplyDelete