Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A breath of fresh air from Deutschland

Here's a beautiful blitzkrieg from Der Spiegel on Obama's West Point bellyflop. I heard about 10 minutes of the speech, and this Kraut, Steingart, nails it up by it's lederhosen. The piece is short, so read the whole thing. I'm not going to excerpt any of it because I'm lazy and kind of drunk, too. But the ending is sweet: "The American president doesn't need any opponents at the moment. He's already got himself." Maybe Obama should look in der mirror.

2 comments:

  1. der spiegel means der mirror, did you know that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jå. There was this old German saying that my friend and I used to laugh about... translated roughly, "The young girl looks into the mirror and sees the devil's asshole."

    ReplyDelete