Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Daily Kos Emails

During Election Season, I kept getting emails from Daily Kos asking me to support Democrats in races, especially Joe Sestak in Pennsylvania. This is because I probably made a comment at Daily Kos years ago and so they had my email. That's fine, but now I have to do a bit of gloating. Here is one of the emails:

Pauli,

Last week, when a poll showed Democrat Joe Sestak ahead in the Pennsylvania Senate campaign, your incredible efforts raised over $70,000. Looks like it's time to up that goal to $100,000:

Public Policy Polling. 10/17-10/18, 718 likely voters. MoE 3.7 (August numbers in parenthesis):

Sestak (D): 46 (36)
Toomey (R): 45 (45)

Every single undecided is moving to Sestak. Every. Single. One. You can contribute $10 to his campaign here.

Only eleven days ago, Republicans were poised to retake the Senate. Since then, a new wave of energy allowed us to gain ground in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Colorado, Washington, Nevada, Illinois, Alaska, West Virginia, Missouri, North Carolina and Kentucky. Now, it’s no longer a question of whether Democrats will win the Senate, but by how many seats.

Your enthusiasm turned the tide. Keep riding the new wave--contribute to $10 Orange to Blue candidates now.

We’re gonna win this,
Markos Moulitsas
Founder, Daily Kos

Needless to say I declined to "ride the new wave". And I was deeply satisfied when Toomey beat Sestak early this morning in my old home state.

I suppose to the unwary, the letter represents a good strategy. For example, I don't think that the Republicans were ever "poised to retake the Senate", but stating that they before and they aren't now builds a sense of momentum for every Dem running for the Senate. Then you throw in "Oh, by the way, give to this guy." I wonder how many people did contribute based on these emails? Red State sends out political ads for Repubs that are 100% professional and so much classier. But that's par, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment