Thursday, February 24, 2011

Another genius in the mainstream press

I started reading this NY Times blog post which was linked by an NCPA Policy Digest note. I quit reading the tedious piece when I came to these lines near the end:

But it would be nice if future research looked in detail at other parts of the college market. Another large study, for instance, has found that students who attend colleges with lower graduation rates are less likely to graduate — which does indeed have a huge effect on their earnings.

I read it several times, thinking that I must be missing something. But I'm not. Someone should remind David Leonhardt that engaging in high-risk behavior actually increases one's risk and the probability of an event is directly proportional to its likelihood of occurring. I'm guessing he already knows who's buried in Grant's tomb. No doubt he learned that in college.

2 comments:

  1. A taxpayer-funded "large study", no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People who work for tax-payer funded orginizations with lower productivity rates are less likely to produce anything.

    ReplyDelete