Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Say Hello to my Little Brother!

Wow. That is a lot of firepower. When I saw the heat this Orthodox Priest was packing 'round the compound I almost pulled a Rod Dreher and converted. Bet you could get away with open carry in the liturgy, and I'm not talking about those swords the Knights of Columbus whip out now and again.


From the article:

Several weeks ago, officials said, an anonymous informant told a narcotics detective that a man claiming to be a priest had purchased multiple guns. After police identified the man as Henry, the detective's surveillance uncovered "strange and erratic" behavior, Harper said.

Henry tried at least once to use St. Herman's tax exemption when purchasing guns, but it is unknown if he succeeded, said Cleveland Safety Director Martin Flask. St. Herman's is operated by the Little Brothers of the Divine Compassion Inc., a registered nonprofit, records show.

I think I'm going to name my Mossberg "Divine Compassion". Then I'll name my Glock 23 "Little Brother of Divine Compassion".

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post -- a nice palate cleanser after reading Anchoress rhapsodize about the fact that Mubarak resigned on a Marian feast day. Because Mary's DEFINITELY on the side of the man in the street in a country where 90% of the women are genitally mutilated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen, thanks. Now I'll never read her again.

    Mubarak was not a good leader, and his country has had big problems. Now it's time to prepare for even bigger problems. The Iranian Islamists are ecstatic.

    I heard one of the campaigns of Egypt's first lady, Mrs. Mubarak, was against female genital mutilation. Another fun stat here: 84% of Egyptians favor the death penalty for people who leave the Muslim religion.

    ReplyDelete