Thursday, August 6, 2015

"I was stunned."

I was so happy to read this exciting (yawn) science news about some planet that is supposedly like earth because it reminds me of one of my favorite Jack Handey bits.


HD219134

I was stunned. But then I was struck by a thought that was even more devastating. What if it wasn't an exact copy of us but instead we were an exact copy of it?  The possibilities were fantastic! What were we like, I wondered. Were we warlike? Did we look like humans?

So it was with great disappointment that I realized I had been aiming the telescope at a picture of Earth on the wall. I had been right after all: it was a duplicate of Earth. And yet it wasn't a planet. I sat back in my chair stunned.

Oh, man... too funny. Read it; you'll use this one, I promise: "What in the name of a supreme being exactly like God was going on here?"

No comments:

Post a Comment