Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Platonic Paulihedra

You can't make anything up anymore. Like for instance, I was just in the men's room polishing my head with a damp paper towel when I imagined an internet quiz called "Which regular polyhedron are you?" This caused me to chuckle about how clever and original my ideas are.

Precautionary googling revealed that of course, such a thing already exists, duh.

I guess the "cat's out the bag" as they say in my old nabe. I'm a D&D-style geek. But the odds of my readers not picking that up by now are approximately the same as successfully navigating an asteroid field, i.e., 3,720 to 1. That's equivalent to rolling a 7 on a dodecahedron 310 times in a row.

I am a d12


So what do you think? Is the quiz accurate? I'm especially anxious to read Tom's assessment of this quiz.

"You are the rare, the overlooked, yet incredibly useful dodecahedron: the d12. You are a creative, romantic soul. You often act without thinking, but make up for your lack of plans with plenty of heart. You easily solve problems that stump others, but your answers tend to put you into even deeper trouble. You write long, detailed backgrounds for all your characters, and are most likely to dress up as one or get involved in cos-play. You can be silly at times and are easily distracted by your own day dreams, but are at the end of the day you're someone who can be depended on."

Doesn't mention that I can be duplicated by an old 6-sided die and a coin toss, heads add six. So much for "incredible usefulness."

7 comments:

  1. Tom, that's totally, completely, entirely redundant, Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, thanks, Pauli. But maybe that's the best plain, predictable, conservative, average, ordinary, and downright boring old Tom, a.k.a. d6, can do.

    Stupid quiz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Dude, you're a square squared. Where's the Cube-boy at... he needs to weigh in. Plus I'd like to see what Pikkumatti and Nowicki are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really high time for "Which Internet Quiz Are You?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathleen, that's a very pointed remark, and I can tell it comes from someone who's obviously in denial about her inner tetrahedron.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yeah? what about your inner internet quiz?

    and it's not a tetrahedron, just so you know.

    ReplyDelete