Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Senator McCain Visits Pauli Country

Dianne Mueller reports on McCain's stop in Rocky River, OH.

I noticed today during both his opening remarks and the question-and-answer period afterward that there's something quite endearing about a guy who's not afraid to tell you things you might not want to hear.

McCain talked about the "transcendent" threat of our time (radical Muslim extremists), keeping the tax cuts, treating our war veterans to a more efficient way to get their health conditions treated, fuel concerns - from having to get our oil from country's unfriendly to the U.S. - to the need for nuclear energy development. (I think I was the only one in the room who clapped when he brought up the advantages of nuclear energy.)

Well, I wish I had been there now to back Dianne up. Yes, as you might have guessed, I am a shameless solo clapper and God has gifted me with a pair of really loud hands. It's ridiculous that we don't have nuke power all over this great nation. It's safe, clean, powerful and plentiful. People who don't realize this have been watching too much TV; furthermore they probably think the people inside the television can see them. Wake up, morons.

As far as I know, McCain is the candidate who has made the biggest pitch for nuclear energy on stops. Both Huckabee and Paul are pro-nuclear and mention it on their sites. I didn't check Rudy's site or Romney's since those campaigns are basically spent fuel rods at this point.

Of course, Obama and Clinton don't mention the word "nuclear" on their energy pages. Their potential voters probably think they could get radiation poisoning from reading that word on the internets.

No comments:

Post a Comment