Friday, June 4, 2010

Biden: "This would end tomorrow if Hamas agreed..."

"... to form a government with the Palestinian Authority on the conditions the international community has set up." This is Joe Biden on the Charlie Rose show talking about the so-called "peace flotilla" incident.


Readers know that we've taken shots at Joe Biden plenty of times here at Est Quod Est, but he is speaking the truth with so much clarity in this interview with Charlie Rose that he must be praised. He rightly points out that there are so many ways in which Hamas could deliver relief supplies that it is ludicrous to suppose that they have to sail through the Israeli's blockade. He also affirms Israel's right to search the ships based on common sense and mentions twice the 3,000 rockets fired from Gaza into Israel. Twice―that's probably more times than the mainstream media has mentioned it in the last year. I never thought I'd say I was proud of our Vice President, but I must confess that I am while listening to his proper defense of Israel. It's a welcome break from the regular talking points which comprise the tide against which he is swimming.

2 comments:

  1. A stopped clock is right twice a day.

    To the larger point, I offer "We Con The World" by The Flotilla Choir .

    My favorites are the "Springsteen" and "Bob Dylan" impersonators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks dude. That's beautiful; I posted it.

    ReplyDelete