Sunday, May 8, 2011

Barb sums it up

Our friend, Barb, is an awesome mom. Read this:

Honestly, I never wanted to be anything other than a wife and mother. Yes, I do have my own interests and activities, but I wanted the main focus of my life to be caring for my family and for our home. Most of the time, I don't regret it at all. Sometimes I feel like the world has left me behind, but one of the benefits of having a loving family is having the strength of the others to draw on when one member is feeling discouraged. And after all, my husband and daughters are the ones for whom I work, so if they are happy, I can't be doing too badly, I suppose.

That pretty much sums it up, I think. Don't be afraid to leave the world behind. It's passing away, anyway, and a lot of it is just a bunch of crap.

1 comment: