Friday, March 30, 2007

Some Fellow Named Oengus Moonbones...

Thanks awfully much, Oengus, for the kind words. I was just finishing your delightful review of Pessimism by Dienstag when I saw your mention of lil' ol' moi in your analogy of Crunchy Conservatism as meringue pie minus the filling.

Oengus is someone who can retain a certain joviality even while reflecting on topics, even poetically, that seem to cause many to retreat into saturninity. And despite his moniker, I detect very little lunacy either. Must be his Christianity. Weird tho' my sense of humor be, I wouldn't have one at all if God didn't squirt seltzer in my face many, many moons ago.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the compliments about my blog.

    I regret that it doesn't have the gravitas of Crunchy Con, even though it does get Mr. Dreher's attention occasionally.

    ReplyDelete