Saturday, July 14, 2007

"Love is the very strongest adhesive"

Hat tip to Kathleen. These guys are really funny, they've got a show on HBO, you can check it out online. Uhhhh.... not for kids, obviously.



Here's a small sample of their talent.



This stuff reminds me slightly of a film which I never saw, but a few of it's major fans described it to me at length in a pizza place in Pittsburgh years ago, kind of a precursor to Spinal Tap; if you liked either flick or Waiting for Guffman, Fear of a Black Hat, etc. you should dig this. Lot of massively flawed humans. Well, what can I say -- we all need to be "stuck together with the tape of love", baby.

That was really good pizza, too, as I recall.

1 comment:

  1. my fave show by far, has definitely outpaced "30 Rock". uh oh, pauli, now that you've posted those clips on your arguably "catholic" website, here come the catholics arguing it's a good show because it's really very catholic, that the two conchords in fact considered becoming priests at one point, that much of the show was composed in a monastery, bla bla bla

    On the other hand, that' ok. the only thing that could ruin it for me at this point is an endorsement of the show from dreher and his ilk. maybe not even that.

    btw check out the song "inner city pressure" on the hbo website, from about the 2nd episode. sung in an appropriately prog rock british accent. my favorite conchords song so far.

    ReplyDelete