Thursday, August 9, 2007

Modern vs. Progressive

The "M" Bistro in Westlake, OH is a really fine restaurant that I've been to exactly once for lunch, and I highly recommend the food and the "experience". But I have to mock the first sentence of their homepage for a second: "M Bistro is the modern answer to a Progressive American Bistro with Global Infusions."

Whatever.

The page concludes with "Experience food as it was intended!" Maybe I should try that sophisticated marketing tack with my 3-year-old instead of my usual "Put the food in your mouth and eat it."

3 comments:

  1. Pauli

    First, change your freakin picture summer's almost over.

    Second, do you think the Sicilian Cow's milk cheese came from Parma?
    (Parma, Ohio)

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've driven by that restaurant often but never been in there (under its current ownership.) Looks a little pricey. You'd think being an evil genius would pay better, wouldn't you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, yeah, it's pricey. It's an "expense account" place, a place to "do lunch" with sales reps from the toilet paper vendor rather than a place to take the whole fam damily.

    BUT you ought to stop in to "M" Bistro sometime to check out the cool ceiling. Then kick on up to Friendly's on Center Ridge and watch my 3 toddler boys tear the place apart.

    ReplyDelete