Sunday, February 17, 2008

Will Duct Tape Work?

Heard this on Hewitt. Scary.

That we have to compromise and sacrifice for one another in order to get things done. That is why I am here, because Barack Obama is the ONLY person in this who understands that. That before we can work on the problems, we have to fix our souls. Our souls are broken in this nation.

I wonder... will duct tape not work to fix broken souls? Seriously, would it be more offensive for me to tell Michelle Obama that she needed to confess her sins to a Catholic priest or for her to insinuate that I have to pull a lever for her husband to "fix my soul"? Ms. Obama, please let me decide to sacrifice on my own time for the sake of my own soul, 'K?

These people are younger and better looking than the old Democrat guard, otherwise they strike me as more insidious in their ability to hoodwink the dim-witted. Certainly they have quite a bit of skill in addition to the audacity -- their big word of the year -- in borrowing religious images and concepts to push "social gospel"-style collectivism.

Here's a good point from an atheist:

If I was a believer and was seeking something like that, a church is where I would look, not the government. I mean, really, considering what they do to things, why would anyone trust the government with something like that!

5 comments:

  1. "they strike me as more insidious in their ability to hoodwink the dim-witted."

    Then there is also the fact that they themselves are somewhat dim-witted, in that I'm pretty certain they believe their own hype.

    as an aside, hearing Michelle Obama boast that teachers told her she didn't have good enough test scores to get into Princeton and Harvard Law School, but she got in anyway, really made me cringe. Is her putting this out there meant to switch off the neon sign flashing "affirmative action"? because, um, it had quite the opposite effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree they believe their own hype. Barack Obama is a committed collectivist. Is it wrong for me to want to see the Hillary camp figure out a way to cut the guy's legs off?

    meant to switch off the neon sign flashing "affirmative action"?

    Maybe it's an attempt to extend affirmative action to everybody, not just minorities, to "the least (qualified) of these". The left is constantly trying to doll up the absolute failure which is known as affirmative action. Believe me, I've seen the train-wreck up close -- it is not pretty. The law of unintended consequences is enforced without mercy in the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Michelle's foot in mouth habit is going to be a defining characteristic, in light of drudge's current headline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't catch it, feel free to link it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. from Breitbart.tv:

    Michelle Obama: ‘For the First Time in My Adult Lifetime, I Am Really Proud of My Country’

    says the millionaire, affirmative-action-poster-child, liberal-establishment-darling yuppie from hell.

    ReplyDelete