Thursday, April 10, 2008

Chávez bans the Simpsons; show replaced by Baywatch

This article is good, linked by Jonah, about how dictators have no sense of humor. I mean, think about it... as an American, are you more proud that we've come up with clever material like the Simpsons where we laugh at ourselves (in addition to everyone else) or Baywatch which is just lust candy for the male animal? Besides, I always thought Lisa Simpson was hot. Smart, too.


I've never seen BW, but I'm fairly sure I'm not misrepresenting it if I suggest the dialogue is disposable, whereas the dialogue in the Simpsons is precious. It could almost survive as a radio show, the stuff that guy comes up with. Here's one of my favorites:

Homer: So wait a minute, you mean you'll never eat meat again. What about Pork Chops?
Lisa: No
Homer: Ham?
Lisa: No!
Homer: Bacon?!
Lisa: Dad those all come from the same animal!
Homer: Oh right, Lisa! hehe, one big magical animal!

No comments:

Post a Comment