Friday, May 23, 2008

Instant Blogging Gratification

I'm pleased to announce my new blog site, Cyber Comment, the site that lets anyone and everyone post to it. The way it works is you just send an email to cybercomment at gmail.com and voila! a blog entry is posted with the email subject as the title. You can include links, pictures, tables -- anything you can send via your email program.

There are many great things about Cyber Comment, other than the fact that it's free. One is that you can blog whenever you want and you don't have to feel guilty for not posting everyday. I know a lot of blog owners suffer under this incredible burden of guilt, even non-Catholic ones. I don't because I don't owe any of you anything. (Except my wife... Hi, Honey! uh... of course I'll do the dishes, heh, heh....)

Another great thing is that you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to sign your name, obviously you may if you wish. Just remember that I know who you are and I'm saving all the emails in case I get a call from a lawyer.

So have at it. Just remember to spell check it before you send it, dog.

5 comments:

  1. shouldn't that be dawg, speaking of spellcheck

    just emailed a post. cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, mabe I'll post at this place first and then transfer posts I want to keep to the blog I started ages ago but never did anything with. For some reason, I have a block against actually posting to my very own blog. It's weird. Maybe I'm afraid it will represent a commitment or something.

    I'd love to blog about just any old thing, not just about religion and/or politics. E.g., the other day I was thinking about how, in my opinion, Doyle Dane Bernbach ruined the advertising business. If you get DVDs of old '50s TV shows--which include the commercials--you can see how advertising used to be copy-driven. The copywriter said "Jump!" and the art director replied, "How high?" Then, sometime in the '60s, Doyle Dane Bernbach made the copywriters and art directors work together on "concepts"--which seemed like a great idea at the time and led to some great campaigns. But give art directors an inch, and they'll take a mile. Result: Advertising is now totally art director-drven, and all that matters is the imagery, and words are only there as "texture" (an art director actually said that once), and commercials are completely dumb and unwatchable. Blecch. Can you imagine Lord Peter Wimsey taking a job at a contemporary ad agency? No way, Jose'.

    As I currently work with an art director who pulverizes the English language and regards headlines and copy as mere design elements and doesn't give a flip whether something makes sense as long as it looks really cool, I am fairly brimming with this rant. So, maybe sometime this holiday weekend, I'll vent. ;)

    Of course, seeing as shop talk is always a crashing bore for folks outside of one's own profession, my rant will be so much sound and fury signifying nothing. But isn't the point of blogging just to get stuff off your chest, whether anyone reads the stuff or not?

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I'm afraid it will represent a commitment or something.

    Well, that's sort of my idea here. I've started things and walked away, then I've come back walked away, etc. To me, that's what blogging is all about. People do shared blogs in order to try to guarantee more content, but then it just means that more than one person has to get bored and walk away which is fairly likely too.

    But this is the ultimate "no guilt" solution. You just have to accept there's a chance that no one might read what you write, but oh, well, nobody is reading it now anyway, so what's the difference?

    Dawg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, maybe you should take the "can't beat it join it" approach and throw good style out the window and go 100% viral-trendy. You know, your new LOLcat style ad for a padded brassiere could read "Invizible toylet papr" or maybe even "I can haz DDD". And I'm sure you can think of deprecating remarks about men's x-tra small athletic supporters.

    When sales go down, point out to boss boy that web-hits are up due to folks hitting the site by googling stuff like LOLcats, George Michael, triple-D bra and Freddie Mercury, of whom you made abundant references in the tank-top section.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, Pauli.

    --- Diane, showing her age by having only the faintet clue what you're talking about

    ReplyDelete