Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ma homey, James McCoy



James is a dude with whom I had the pleasure of sharing an apartment -- and really it was almost a "boarding house" of sorts -- back in "the day", circa 1994. He is truly one of the most interesting humans I have ever met on this planet and drop-dead funny. I learned a lot from the man, probably more than he realizes, but that's for another day.

I'm sooooo glad he got into poetry; I can now say "What slam poets am I into? Yeah, check out James McCoy -- he's great." Actually I did hear one in a coffee shop in Pittsburgh once who was decent, but otherwise my experience has been that most of them are the pseudo-intellectual equivalent of the drive-time shock jock. Anyway, enjoy this great "pomo" take on Orpheus and Eurydice and feel free to discuss.

Cross-posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment