Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Something with which I can heartily agree

Someone from our area's Dennis Prager discussion group replied to a group email with this comment:

Even though I voted for McCain, Obama is now my President. I will respect him and the office that he will occupy. If I disagree with his policy I will not disparage the man, but I will attack what is wrong with the policy and suggest an alternative. In many instances over the last eight years we have witnessed those who disagree with President Bush's policies attack the man in a vicious manner. How many times has our President been called stupid, racist, war monger, a Nazi? I will not occupy the gutter with people that do that.

Bravo. If nothing else, this should be the ideal for which we strive.

1 comment:

  1. must read iowahawk on the election. guy is a genius

    http://iowahawk.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete