Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Web Guilty Pleasure

Sometimes I go over here for a laugh, and I got one today.

John Darnielle. Musician (Mountain Goats). Indie-god. NPR heart-throb. Funny lyricist. Three sure things in life: Death, taxes and a Prius in Darnielle's driveway.

I don't know why it so funny to me. Most likely because it's simply so dang polticially incorrect. It's got to be post-post-post-modern ― at least three posts in there. I mean, OK, many lesbians seem to start looking like men at some point (viz. the Indigo Girls two years ago, esp. Amy Ray the brunette. Remember when they were cute?)

But I can't figure out why half of these guys fit into his category. Andrew Lloyd Webber, for example, merely looks like an old guy to me. When I first look at his picks, the common feature seemed to be hair in some kind of style, but then I saw he picked William Ayers who doesn't fit that criteria. The more I look, the more it seems to me like this guy thinks everyone out there except a G.I Joe action figure bears a resemblance to an aging lesbian, which leads me to believe that the guy has a fixation or mania about the the whole concept. Even so, it is a funny site.

1 comment:

  1. That site is hilarious! I spent a whole evening a couple of months ago just going through the archives of that site and laughing my butt off!

    ReplyDelete