Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Pass the life savers"

Last night on the way home from Red Robin with the kids, my wife and I started singing Add it up in the minivan. This turned into my medley-ing the entire first album with my best femme vocal affectations interrupted by momentary bursts of acoustic bass-line scat....

Then I got carried away made a segue into a full-blown eighties a cappella karaoke featuring everything from Der Kommissar to the Heads' Don't Worry About the Government, which I've been singing in my head since the stimulus bill passed, and which I further realize is technically late seventies--thank you very much.



Well, all the live VF videos I looked at blow for one reason or another, so I included a studio cut here. Oh, wait, here's my personal favorite tune. "I ain't no Al Capone..."

"JACK, JACK, JACK, j-jacking a-ROUND!!"

But actually I love everything on that album which I possess on vinyl and CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment