Thursday, December 17, 2009

Engrish meets spam scams

This appeared in my inbox today from tangwong.yu@yahoo.com.hk. I don't know why he thought my name was "Acknowledge". But maybe we'll consider that as a boy's name for our child just in case we can't think of one.

Acknowledge,

An Iraqi made a fixed deposit of $6.5m usd in
my bank branch (Hang Seng Bank, Hong Kong) where
am a director and he died with his entire family
in the war leaving behind no next of kin, I'm ready
to share 50/50 with you if you choose to stand as my
deceased client next of kin. If interested mail me at
the address below.

Email Contact: tang.yu@livemail.tw

Yours Truly,
Wong Tang

Well, Tang Yu very much! But no tangs....


Seriously, anyone want to "stand as [his] deceased client next of kin"? Do deceased people stand? All the ones I've seen are lying down.

As Tweety Bird would say, "Dealing with scammers is the wong tang to do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment