Thursday, March 4, 2010

FYI: Cuyahoga County Tax Relief

The Cuyahoga County Board of Revision Complaint site is a good resource for those in Cuyahoga who bought houses recently and the assessments are way too high. I just filled it out and all you really need is the parcel number of your property which you can find here if you need it. (Frank Russo's pic, aye-yai-yai...)

I've been told that it's a good bet that they will lower the assessed value if you can demonstrate a lower market value. There's even a spot where you can state that you will have a professional appraiser present testimony if the house hasn't been sold recently. I have to still get the thing notarized, but I'll let y'all know how I do.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I hope things work out for you. We are currently renting, and we live in Lorain County anyway, so no help for us.

    Do you know the Shermans? Mr. Sherman was selling Cavs raffle tickets during my daughter's dance class last night. Peter is the assistant for the Dancer's class, and Bernadette is in the class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, YES! The Shermans are friends of ours and our kids go to the same school as theirs, Padre Pio Academy. I've only sold 7 raffle tickets so far; Gil is probably killing me in that regard. They have a blog, but I can't remember it off hand....

    ReplyDelete