Tuesday, May 4, 2010

120 pounds of pure nightmare

This caught my eye over at HuffPo.

'Biggest Loser' trainer Jillian Michaels has a hard little body and she plans to keep it that way. Michaels, 36, tells Women's Health she is unwilling to become pregnant because of the way it would change her body.

"I'm going to adopt. I can't handle doing that to my body," she told the magazine. "Also, when you rescue something, it's like rescuing a part of yourself."

Something? Oh, like a kitten?

Michaels, who is now 5'2" and 120 pounds of muscle, was overweight as a teen. She said she once weighed 175 pounds but lost the extra weight with martial arts, which she has practiced for 20 years. She is currently embroiled in a lawsuit over the efficacy of her diet pills.

Does this have con-job written all over it? "I worked like hell to lose weight, but here, I'll sell you these pills."

Michaels also reveals in the interview that she dates both men and women.

"I've been in love with both," she said.

Barf-o-rama.

7 comments:

  1. I basically agree, but will also add, EASY FOR YOU TO SAY, DUDE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least childbirth is natural. Having a rock-hard body really isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure about that, considering most of our ancestors performed heavy manual labor almost all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen the Amish. They ain't rock-hard. And women don't traditionally perform as much heavy manual labor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. true, but i'm not sure today's Amish are representative of yesterday's realities. I think only the pretty well off were avoided heavy manual labor, even the women. but I agree that feeling the necessity to have a rock hard body is just a disorder, period.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathleen's first comment is a point well taken. Basically if a man develops a gut everyone says something like "Well, he's well-taken care of," or something similarly ridiculous, whereas if a woman gains weight after squeezing out 2 or 3 kids all the guys say shit like "Man, she really let herself go!" I remember this being a regular theme of the old "Cathy" comic strip.

    The reaction to this imbalance should be that men should cut women more of a break and quit being a bunch of hounds in general, checking out every details of a lady's shape. Unfortunately, this woman's response seems to be to merely join the men at their "game", eschewing pregnancy in order to "stay hard" and engaging in sexual experimentation with women and men.

    It's probably a bit unfair for me to call her out as a nightmare; she's just part of a larger one. What she is doing right is staying in shape and helping others get in shape. What she's doing wrong is making an idol of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This even affects some of us women who haven't had children. I was a skinny kid, but have struggled with weight my entire adult life. I've yo-yo'd between being fat and thin numerous times. I'm going to Weight Watchers right now. My goal is just to get to a healthy weight. I don't care about being a "hard body". Women's bodies aren't meant to be "hard" anyway.

    ReplyDelete