Friday, April 8, 2011

Please don't ever shut down the Guardian!

This Guardian piece with an ongoing countdown to the Gov't shutdown is priceless. My fave quote is "He may look like a bank manager but Harry Reid has a useful ability to insert a stiletto." Also near the bottom: "As the clock ticks closer to midnight, where is Jack Bauer when America needs him?"

I suppose it shouldn't be all the funny, seeing that Republicans will probably be blamed for it. But it still is humorous to me, somehow. I just hope when everything settles that they push through the Ryan bill somehow and the President is somehow forced to sign it. I.e., I hope he loses.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of politicians who look like bank employees, let me link to a speech by my favorite politician in the world, as he compares the President of the EU to a "low-grade bank clerk".

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure mix it up more politically overseas, don't they? Only thing missing in that video is wigs.

    It's nice to get a view from informed people whose job doesn't depend on prevaricating, whether they agree with me or not. OTOH, it's funny to see nations, who were revolted by our cowboy President, now appalled at what they got instead.

    ReplyDelete