Friday, February 22, 2013

Another use for hand sanitizer

I don't usually put stuff from my kids on here, but my son Joe wrote this in his 3rd grade writing class. I thought it was pretty entertaining.

I never dreamt that my classmate, Thomas, was a robot, but yesterday I discovered the shocking truth. This is how it all began.

Mr. R______ gave Thomas a demerit. Then Thomas said “SCANNING…” Then he said “IS THIS A DEMERIT?” “Yes,” said Mr. R______. Then Thomas opened his stomach (which was actually a paper shredder) and shredded the demerit. Then he emptied the shreds into the trash can. Thomas then started to read his owner’s manual. Then Thomas started to say “LOW BATTERY!” So he unwound his cord and plugged himself into the outlet.

I knew what I needed to do. I grabbed the hand sanitizer and poured the whole bottle on Thomas. Now I am rich and famous because I saved the world.

I'm just wondering where he got the twisted sense of humor.

3 comments:

  1. LOL!!!

    Kid writes really well, too. Better than most college students, judging from what Ive seen at studentsreview.com. Or on Facebook. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, that would be "I've," not "Ive." Clearly your son writes better than most 61-year-old adults, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You learn to write engagingly by reading engaging material. Like Captain Underpants.

    ReplyDelete