Monday, June 3, 2013

Maybe I'll try to go get a picture

Judge Pinkey Carr strikes again.

A man who threatened police was expected to hold a sign calling himself an "idiot" as part of his sentence today, but Richard Dameron, 58, did not show up at the scheduled time of 7 a.m.

Dameron was found guilty of making threatening 911 calls to Cleveland Police. In addition to a 90-day jail sentence, Dameron was sentenced to hold up a sign of apology across the street from the Second District Cleveland Police station for three hours beginning Monday morning.

The sign was to reportedly read: "I apologize to Officer Simone, his family, all law enforcement officers and Ms. Adkins for threatening to kill them. I was being an idiot and it will never happen again."

I like her idea. It sort of hearkens back to the Order of Penitents in the Early Church who I've heard were sometimes required to hold a sign relating the nature of any public sins. But that wasn't on the Wikipedia page.

Wait... here's a picture of the idiot sign.



I hope Pinkey is only the Judge's nickname and not the result of her parents being Happy Days fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment