Friday, August 30, 2013

Barack Obama and I are bad people

Barack Obama and I have a few things in common, I'm sure, and one of them that I know of is that we both send our kids to private schools. So according to Allison Benedikt, we are bad people. Michael Miller reports this here, and I really don't have the stomach to read or quote from Benedikt's article, so I'll excerpt his.

Ms. Benedikt’s “rationale”? [Yeah, I use the term loosely.] Incredibly selfish parents who send their kids to private schools are “ruining one of our nation’s most essential institutions in order to get what’s best for their own kids.”

Benedikt goes on to say that, in her way of thinking, “if every single parent sent every single child to public school, public schools would improve.”

Oh, good, then “every single child” would learn “every single thing the same way” and “every single “progressive” in America would be pleased as punch, huh, Allison? I don’t want to get too melodramatic here, but that sounds like it could’ve been a great selling point for Hitler’s Youth Camps.

Benedikt then gets downright hilarious:

“This would not happen immediately. It could take generations. Your children and grandchildren might get mediocre educations in the meantime, but it will be worth it, for the eventual common good.”

Yes, America, screw your kids and your grand kids – we’re all in this for the “common good” of future generations, right? Yeah, no.

My guess is that Allison Benedikt is against vouchers and tuition tax credits. Also probably the Catholic church.

It all comes down to the left wanted to "spread the misery around" under the guise of "spreading the wealth around." Simply ridiculous. In the article she mentions that she has a public school education. Really, I would never have guessed.

2 comments:

  1. A sendup.

    My own carefully considered conclusion: if you are a bad person, you're a bad person.

    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sendup!

    Just like Michael Jackson, I'll admit I'm bad. While grabbing my crotch.

    On a serious note, wait until more rich people start using private concierge doctors to avoid the long waiting lines induced by Obamacare. People like Allison are going to bust a blood vessel.

    ReplyDelete