Monday, February 3, 2014

Last Exit to St. Francisville

...something about possession by demons raising the Klienpeter cows' cortisol levels, resulting in too much butterfat so the sour cream was spoiled when he opened it, and then little store laughed to see such sport and then if that wasn't enough, on top of all that the cow ran away with the spoon. Yeah, I know, but what're ya gonna do? At least there's no Ace involved. Right? I'm right, right? No one's seen any marks. No one's said so. Ergot in the sour cream? I dunno. Whatever. Okay, call you tomorrow.)

Sorry, where was I? Look, I've got to get some overdue things wrapped up, so I'll just shut up and let Abe narrate this one.

These things matter. To the demon-possessed cows, maybe.

2 comments:

  1. That horrid Dreher post was unintentionally funny. We have Dreher and his contributor PoliticalAtheist decrying an "aristocracy of intelligence" in pretentiously wordy fashion so as to show that they belong in said aristocracy.

    Not to mention Dreher's excusing himself for his narcissistic blog:

    (I know this is a typical long, rambling Dreher post. This is why you should read this blog more as my notebook than a place where I post polished essays. If I polished everything I wrote here, I’d only put up one or two posts a day.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's just me, but both Dreher's increasing rambling and his increasing rationalizing of it leads me to imagine a feed bag with ear hooks full of shucked oysters and a handy stack of adult diapers may not be that far ahead in his non-polishing, effort-shedding future.

      Keith

      Delete