Tuesday, November 25, 2014

There ... now we feel all better

I've commented here about utopians* who preach on about Utopia but who don't want to live there themselves by using John Lennon's Imagine.  

As if to prove the point, a gaggle of one-percenters have now all gathered themselves (virtually, that is) for a sing-along of Imagine with its author via the miracle of technology.   For your enjoyment:





The second thought that comes to mind (the first being, of course, the incredible hypocrisy of the super-wealthy singing "... imagine no possessions ...") is: Who are these so-called celebrities? I recognized about four of them (Katy Perry sticks out, as she tends to do).  Anyhoo, I'm sure they all feel better about themselves now.

The third thought is along the lines of my reaction to those insipid "Coexist" bumper stickers:  Don't preach to me -- go talk to the bad guys.

P.S.  Here's a "Coexist" I can believe in (and yes, I own one):






* e.g., Rod Dreher preaching about the Benedict Option while showing no intent whatsoever to live there himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment