Wednesday, June 3, 2015

No transsexual wants to be a grandma

Thanks are in order to the Young Fogey for a few link in his post today. Also I got a kick out of his remarks on this bit of tragicomedy.

If you're going to pretend to be a woman, why not pretend to be 25 while you're at it? (And I'll sue you for discrimination and emotional distress if you don't play along.) Or maybe it's a put-on: "his 'encore career' as a drag queen." The first Caitlin I'd heard of (never met one) was an actress, Caitlin O'Heaney, in the Raiders of the Lost Ark copycat TV show "Tales of the Gold Monkey" (pictured) about 32 years ago, so golden-era (born in the early '50s) American Caitlins were not unheard of. Still, circa 1950, Jenner's generation, almost the only girls given that kind of spelling lived in Ireland's gaeltacht.

The Young Fogey's blog is always worth a read; I enjoy it immensely and even though I sometimes disagree with his ideas on politics, I always find him challenging and thoughtful. If you haven't read his brief essay My Trip Through Orthodoxy yet, you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment