Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Real thought and discussion versus their counterfeits

I'm a Jordan Peterson fan although I don't always agree with him. He has won praise from many people I admire such as Bishop Robert Barron, although with reservations, and the guy makes you think.

This video shows the contrast between the short-term rush of scoring rhetorical points and the long-term satisfaction of explaining and understanding of something. One requires quick-wittedness and rewards in the short-term. The other requires patience and rewards in the long-term.

[Warning: Bad Language.]



I have never really liked the style of Milo Yiannopoulos and I think this video illustrates why. Arrogance and dismissiveness... check.

1 comment:

  1. Love 1791L, even support them on Patreon (which more people need to do)

    I wrote about JBP before and it just baffles me how badly people can't seem to get him. (Now John C Wright? He gets Peterson.)

    The older I get, the more my attitude is: "if you think you can do a better job, THEN DO IT." JBP is doing a needed and necessary task right now, and if people want to complain, then they best step up and try to fill the gap. Good exceptions: Bishop Barron - I haven't watched much on him but of what I've seen, I'd say he's earned the right of some critiques.

    ReplyDelete