Monday, June 27, 2022

Thank you, God, Supreme Court, Trump, RBG, Mitch McConnell, etc.

I feel bad I did not post this a few days ago when it happened, but I was really busy. But obviously the fall of the Roe v Wade decision is pretty much more important than any other news, or any opinion of mine, or petty like or dislikes. In fact, I really can't say it any better than this:

What a day! Of course this only means that abortion policy is now up to each state to regulate as it sees fit. There’s lots of work left to be done for the unborn.

Let us be thankful for all the faithful men and women and even children who marched, who prayed, who donated, and who sacrificed over the past 49 years to make this day a reality. Let us be thankful for the courage of Justices Alito, Barrett, Thomas, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and even Roberts, despite his waffling.

Let us be thankful for Donald Trump; I didn’t vote for him in part because I didn’t think he would do anything on abortion in the courts; I have scarcely been happier to admit I was wrong. This would not have happened without his presidency. And thank you, Federalist Society!

I am not a Catholic, but I want to give special thanks to the Catholic Church in the United States, for never once failing to fight for life. Thanks to to all the churches and church leaders who stood publicly for life. In America, the Catholics were always there, without fail. Thank you, National Right To Life and all other pro-life lobbyists.

It is always good to see people on the prolife side putting aside differences to give credit where it is due, so it is good to see Mr. Dreher doing so here.

Also a special thanks to my own mother who died on February 3, 2020. She always said what everyone else in the prolife movement said: Roe will fall, but that will not mean it is time to rest. But she worked at a crisis pregnancy center, went to the marches, and got tons of people involved in the effort including my brother and me. So she gets to rest now.

No comments:

Post a Comment