Friday, January 26, 2007

Veiled References

Wow, only Day 3 of this blog and it seems to be rife with veiled references. The most glaring example comes from Kathleen the comboxer when she reminds me that we should be "discussing saints feast days". Yeah, I get it. She left this comment yesterday (Jan 25) and coincidentally, cough, cough, yesterday's feast was The Conversion of Saint Paul. Since he's my name saint and I happen to be a Catholic convert this is supposed to give focus to the whole Convert vs. Cultural/Tribal Catholic thingy, I'll warrant.

You will notice I used the word thingy, which, to my knowledge is not a theological nor a technical term. That is because a distinction of this type between Roman Catholics is relatively, if not completely, meaningless. Look up all the meanings of tribe in the dictionary. It's about as useful and precise a term as thingy.

You may fire when ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment