Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Barack Obama Is Pinned Again

Oh, well. Good to see Old Glory back on the dude's lapel. If he really wants to be President he's going to have to adopt accepted traditional modes of showing patriotism, not abstract notions of "telling us what you believe" or some-such.

Here's Obama's original statement:

You know, the truth is that right after 9/11, I had a pin. Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq War, that became a substitute for, I think, true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security, I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest. Instead I'm going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testimony to my patriotism.

Actually it's more likely that his wife threw the pin away before she got proud of America. Or maybe his preacher yanked it off during a particularly fiery "God damn America" sermon. In any case, I think the man is pinned between a rock and a hard place.

No comments:

Post a Comment