Monday, September 8, 2008

I guess "thanks" really is a "magic word"

Like all good, obnoxious parents, I routinely tell my kids that "please" and "thank you" are magic words. But sometimes I forget that I'm not really distorting the truth too much when I say that. Sometimes they are as close to magic as we get in our "muggle world".

For example, check out Tammy Bruce's comments on Sarah Palin's appreciative remarks toward Geraldine Ferraro:

On the day McCain announced her selection as his running mate, Palin thanked Clinton and Ferraro for blazing her trail. A day later, Ferraro noted her shock at Palin's comment. You see, none of her peers, no one, had ever publicly thanked her in the 24 years since her historic run for the White House. Ferraro has since refused to divulge for whom she's voting. Many more now are realizing that it does indeed take a woman - who happens to be a Republican named Sarah Palin.

Bruce, a gun-owning pro-choice Lesbian who voted for Reagan and fills in on Laura Ingraham's show is probably voting for McCain anyway. But it looks like for Ferraro the magic words sealed the deal. I guess she's not divulging who she's voting for so she doesn't wake up with a bloody horse head in her bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment