Sunday, September 7, 2008

Spiritual Adoption of an Unborn Child

In order to help end abortion, each concerned person should consider spiritually adopting an unborn child. See the Spiritual Adoption site for details and materials.

Basically you say a prayer that goes like this:

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you very much. I beg you to spare the life of the unborn baby whom I have spiritually adopted who is in danger of abortion.

If you're not Catholic you can leave out Mary and Joseph. But don't be surprised if you get to Heaven and find out they were eavesdropping on your prayers all along. I'm sure that Blessed Mother Teresa is heading up at least one of the groups doing the adoption filings, so feel to drop it in her inbox. Or, of course, St. Anthony who knows everybody up there and who's in on just about everything.

Archbishop Sheen was the one who started this practice. His idea was to pray the prayer each day for a year. I've been saying it every night for almost 14 years since Ash Wednesday of 1995. So potentially I have 13 adopted kids and one on the day whom I don't even know. And the oldest one is already a teenager! Yep, they sure grow up fast.

2 comments:

  1. I just posted something about this too. I hope to encourage more use of this method of fighting for life. Thanks for promoting it yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, Lee. Might want to send a request for prayer cards for this man:

    Father Michael Peters
    9537 University Ave. - #18
    Des Moines, IA 50325

    ReplyDelete