Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Youtube "Downfall Parody" ban

Well this stinks. Just heard about it on Rush Limbaugh. Youtube will be removing the hilarious Hitler parodies from their site at the request of the Downfall owners, Constantin Film.

I agree with Rush that this is a stupid move on the part of the producers. I had the same reaction as he did when I saw my first one―this looks like a great film; I wouldn't mind seeing it sometime. So it really is a good advertisement for the film, and it just goes to show what the inability to take a joke can cost people.

But the good news is that this process will take some time; the vids are still there for now. This means that if you have a favorite then you can record it by downloading Real.com's free RealPlayer which allows Youtube videos to be downloaded from the browser via a "Download this clip" link which appears above the video.

Here's one of my favorites: "Hitler finds out there is no Santa." And now I've preserved it for posterity thanks to RealPlayer.


I mean, come on―if we can't laugh at Hitler, who can we laugh at?

BTW, this is my 1300th post, so I get to have milk and cookies. Or maybe coffee... but not crunchy cat's ass coffee, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment