Sunday, April 17, 2011

Same to you, Stumpy!

I heard chainsaws last Tuesday, and looking out my office window, I saw the urban lumberjacks with their big fancy cherry picker going at the hollowed out tree across the street. They were done by about 2pm or so, and that's when I first, uh... got the message.


Seems as though the neighbor's tree is flying the bird at us. Or possibly at our rather healthier tree (not pictured). Trunk envy? Unclear.

UPDATE: Dang, they just cut the rest down! I really wanted my bro-in-law to see it at Easter. Oh well, sic transit gloria mundi.

2 comments:

  1. Every time I see this photo, I crack up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked to the daughter of the owner a few days before they cut the rest down. The owner was widowed last year, and the daughter--who obviously has a sense of humor as sick as mine--said that the tree stump made her think of her dad speaking from the grave telling everyone to shove it. Pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete