Friday, July 19, 2013

"This is the Motor City. And this is what we do."

How can we forget yet another inspiring Super Bowl ad about Detroit:


". . . add hard work, and conviction, and a know-how that runs deep in every last one of us . . .  That's who we are.  That's our story.  No, it's probably not the one you've been reading in the papers...."


I'll say.  From today's Wall Street Journal, we have, as summarized by Joel Pollak at Breitbart, a little different explanation of what Detroit is today:


"I was planning on retiring in October, but now I'm not sure. I have a lot of questions," said Herbert Jenkins, 50, who has spent the last quarter century working for the city and repairing its potholes. It's such a sad day for Detroit."

Emphasis added by me.  

UPDATE:  To kathleen's point below, here is Steven Crowder's most recent take on Detroit: 


2 comments:

  1. In 20 years it will be the entire country. Wish I were joking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even want to know what he made repairing those potholes either, for what sounds like a really simple job.

    ReplyDelete