Wednesday, November 5, 2014

I actually agree with this

Every once in awhile, I agree with something posted over at the Caelum et Terra blog. Here's an example; well, mostly this little excerpt at the end (I have to admit that I skipped the part about farming in the middle.):

I can think of no stupider tool than the leaf blower.

It is loud. It is stinky. It consumes finite resources. It is not one whit faster than using a rake. The person wielding the blower does not get much in the way of exercise at all, and this in an age of concern over obesity.

And what is lost: the graceful sweep of the rake, the lovely sound of the leaves, like the sound of waves, the health benefits of the dance of raking, the conversation and camaraderie.

Sometimes technology makes sense, at least in terms of time and effort saved.

I posted awhile back the only really good use for leaf blowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment