Monday, June 14, 2010

Crocs and Community

Reading articles by folks who overuse the word "community" always elicits the same response from me: "What a crock." So I had to snicker at this parody article about Crocs wearers from a disgustingly funny electronic rag named The Daily Rash. Excerpt:

“When I walked into our community center for the ‘Sustainable Alternatives to Mass Produced Organ Meats’ symposium and saw other people wearing their Crocs, I had to run to the restroom where I cried happy tears!” – Carol L. from Seattle, Washington.

“Crocs allow the average Joe to become a part of his community, without worrying that everybody else is better than him. I know that when others in my neighborhood began wearing Crocs, it was as if the dark cloud that had been hovering over me my entire life…evaporated! And when that bright, happy sun broke through, I saw for the very first time that there were others like me!” – Andrew S. from Carrboro, North Carolina.

5 comments:

  1. Why oh why did you tell me about The Daily Rash?!? The stories about Shakira being waterboarded in AZ and C-Murder's new Christmas album are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, alas, I was led there by the great El Goog himself via the title "Helen Thomas Tells Tyra Banks 'I made out with Adolf Hitler' ". I just really want someone to do a downfall parody entitled "Hitler learns of Helen Thomas's Forced Retirement." I know they are banned on youtube, but... so? It would be funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! OK, too tired and brain-dead to look at this now...but I will, I will. I need a good deranged laugh.

    Long time, no see, y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I just wear Crocs because I'm diabetic and I have bad feet. I *do* shave and I'm not depressed *all* the time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the coolness/community thing, crocs are like the new "chucks", you know, Chuck Taylor canvas high tops. Except Crocs are superior in several aspects: they are virtually indestructable and foot-odor resistant. I went through several pairs of Chucks in the late 80's just to be styling'.

    ReplyDelete