Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Madisonian meditates upon solitary taraxacum officinale

I was watching Lou Reed perform Vicious in Paris in 1974 yesterday and my first thought was "Man, this makes the Village People seem straight. Of course unlike Reed, Victor Willis can actually sing."

My next thought was this: what if Andy Warhol had discovered Art Paul Schlosser rather than the Velvet Underground?


I love it. So pure and simple. The kazoo solo is downright Dylanesque. Someone commented that he's playing a baritone ukelele. What will these Earthlings think of next?

Back to Andy and Lou, supposedly the lyrics to Vicious were inspired by Warhol in a conversation...

Andy: "You gotta get vicious."
Lou: "What do you mean vicious?"
Andy: "Vicious, like I hit you with a flower."

There you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment